Friday, May 11, 2018

Alpacalypse

Ever since I was a youth
I have known the truth
I heard my parents speak of
The world's end uncouth
It is nigh upon us
And today we face the end
But why must this happen
I thought he'd be my friend
I guess it's just his duty
A task from a higher power
The stilted stones around him
Seem to gurgle and glower
As the lava burbles up
And now it is the hour
My heart is pounding faster
The minute
The second
His imposing frame shadowed against
A vaster sky than ever I'd seen before
Then he dropped his cowl
And I could see him now
He said "Hi" through fuzzy cheeks
And I knew he was quite unique
For alpacas who can talk
Tend to be rare
He offered me hot cocoa
And now I know what I know
Which is what he knew
But I can put it into action
Bring all the satisfaction
Of going home
I thanked the creature thusly
"You can always trust me" is what he said
And on my merry way I went
Knowing that my time was not in vain
I made a friend
And it wasn't the end


_________________________________________________________________________________

Justin Christopher Davis is a poet. He also doesn't much care for these third person thingies but he knows they have to be done because.... reasons. He also does other things such as publish books, attempt to draw in an unhorrible way, make music, and even try his hand at the video type things... as welll as poetry... I think that part was fairly clear. Anyhow, to see all of these wonderful treasures, one simply needs to click on and visit http://www.absurdlyepic.com... you can easily find your way from there!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment