Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Wasp

As I sat upon my chair
Working at my computer
Legitimate work
Not the work I say is work that pays me naught

I hear a noise
Making me fraught with worry
For I am all alone
And no noises should happen
If I do not create them

But the noise that is happening
Is another's tappening
Upon the glass sliding door
And I look over to see nothing
A stray cat in the yard and nothing more
Well the stray cat passed by
So I saw no point in scaring him away
I can't leave my computer anyway

So I go about my work until I hear a bang once more
I first looked around and what do I see
An insect that looks a lot like a flea
But bigger
Much bigger of course
With two or three sections
And wings that will forever haunt my dreams
I start right there
Jumping out of my skin

I whisper next
"Riddest me of thine kin!"
I then remarked
"That was stupid to say,
How am I to get rid of you this day?
For I surely can't go on with a wasp in the room!
Maybe a container or a cup
Will spell your doom...
Or at least expel you from this abode."
But lucky for me the wasp was not in
Sting mode

So while it looked pretty frightful
Stuck on the glass
I decided to give it a pass...
For now
As I still had work
I had to finish that up

But as I finished up
The insect did crawl up
the sliding glass door
And even with a slight fall
I gasped in horror as she spread her wing and flew

But the echo confused her
On a fan she did land
I ducked even further
With heart in my hand

"It's been used and abused!" I shouted
"Take it and go!"
But the bug wouldn't fly to the window
And outside
To join it's tribe.
Another got in
But it quickly flew away
And that's besides the point.

It then disappeared
And I could see it no more
I thought maybe it had gone

But the buzzing
And the tiny bumps
Are still here...

www.absurdlyepic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment