Monday, March 2, 2020

A Chance To Dream

Most nights
I won't remember my dreams
But in the morning
I'll wake up to find you there
In my head
Or my mind
Whatever
You're so fair
And so kind
Happy to just be alive
Have a good day
Is a thing that we say
As the birds chirp merrily onward
To get on with this date
Is a task that can wait
As alarms activate again
Once more
Yet with gentle talk of snooze
It resets it's fuse
For a few precious moments
However
It's never the same
I can't go back
You aren't there
And you never were
This is an outrage
How am I meant to keep going
When my biggest dream is gone?
I might as well get up
Though it doesn't seem...
Wait!
WAIT! WAIT!
WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!
I can wake up!
There's a state I cannot wait for!
Today I hope to reach her!
YES!
But tonight
Maybe I'll dream of her!
And maybe she'll also dream of me...



No comments:

Post a Comment