Friday, September 11, 2020

Out of the Way

Out of the Way


I think I'm gonna be selfish
Right now
But after some lines
I'm gonna take a bow
You see
I've tried
And now I'm just tired
I used to be fired up
To take on the world
To get the dream girl
To make people smile
But
None of it matters
It always seems that way
I've tried the dream route
I've tried the real root
Neither seems to be
Meant for me
And I once thought I was special
Still my friends all ran away
I changed my tactics
But they never want to stay
Now my family has outgrown me
They want me to move on
But my life is just a nightmare
My heart's already gone
And I have nowhere to go
I can't believe in myself
I can see no light
Maybe they'd all be better off without me
Dragging them down
Into the ground
Guess I'm not a good me
Will I ever be seen
Will people hear what I have to say
Will it ever mean anything
Or should I maybe just
Continue to stay out of the way

And now I bow and say goodnight!




No comments:

Post a Comment