Thursday, June 4, 2020

Words Can Hurt

Words Can Hurt


It hurts me that you'd say I am evil
That having different thoughts
Makes me less than other people
It also hurts me that you think I have some privilege
That I'm just not sharing with you
Well, it's not true
Almost thirty-six years
Gave me nothing to show
Working hard
Through pain and blood flow
It's not anything close
But even the notion
Sends to me an ocean
Destroying my heart
Tearing me apart
And you think it's all right to
That's the problem
I don't one hundred percent agree with you
And that's enough to
Write me off
And what about the hundreds of millions
Of others
Did you ever think that they might want a say
Or would you turn your supposedly open mind away?
Fight for the rights
And what you want to see
But please stop telling me
What you think I am
When you never gave me a chance
And expect me to join the dance
When I don't know the steps
You're just doing what you gotta do I guess
But when I am myself
I won't be that toy upon your shelf
I am not evil
Or Irredeemable
Or a disgusting abuser of everything good
Please see what you're doing
I wish that you would
Just because someone doesn't say a few words
Doesn't mean they don't believe
No one should lose
When they don't even speak



No comments:

Post a Comment